Project BrainSafe has partnered with schools and clinics throughout central Minnesota to provide ImPACT® Baseline Testing for students in middle and high schools in our community.
What is ImPACT® Testing?
ImPACT® is an FDA cleared device designed to aid in the assessment and management of concussions. ImPACT® tests establish a baseline cognitive score for each individual student by measuring memory, attention span, visual and verbal problem solving and establishes a personalized score based on the results. If a student suffers a concussion, he or she retakes the test to see if there is any cognitive impairment by comparing test scores before and after concussions.
Why is ImPACT® Testing Important?
Every concussion is different. ImPACT® tests help providers make clinical decisions and provide proper accommodations to children who have suffered a concussion to help monitor their recovery so that they can return to their daily activities as quickly and safely as possible.
What is the Process Involved with ImPACT® Testing?
Students typically take the ImPACT® Baseline Test in a school setting, usually in a computer lab or classroom. In some cases, some students have taken the ImPACT® baseline test during a clinic visit or in other pre-approved locations. The test averages 30 minutes and is completed on a desktop computer or laptop with a mouse.
ImPACT® Post Tests are only taken after a suspected or diagnosed concussion and are completed in a medical setting with a provider. The ImPACT® Post Test scores are interpreted by qualified medical providers and compared to the baseline scores to determine whether there is any cognitive impairment.
Project BrainSafe ImPACT® Partners
- Apollo High School
- Becker High School
- Cathedral High School
- CentraCare Clinic
- CentraCare Clinic Albany
- CentraCare Clinic Long Prairie
- CentraCare Clinic Melrose
- CentraCare Clinic Northway
- CentraCare Clinic Paynesville
- CentraCare Clinic Pediatrics
- CentraCare Clinic Sauk Centre
- CentraCare Family Health Center
- CentraCare Family Medicine Plaza
- CentraCare Health
- CentraCare Paynesville Rehabilitation
- College of St. Benedict Athletics
- College of St. Benedict Recreation
- Eden Valley – Watkins High School
- Eden Valley – Watkins Middle School
- Granite City Lumberjack
- Kennedy Community School
- McKinely-ALC School
- North Junior High School
- Paynesville High School
- Redwood Area Hospital
- Redwood Area Schools
- River Lakes Hockey
- Rocori High School
- Sartell High School
- Sartell Middle School
- Sartell Pediatrics
- Sartell Youth Hockey Association
- Sauk Rapids High School
- Sauk Rapids Middle School
- Simplicity Health
- South Junior High School
- Cloud Orthopedics
- Cloud Youth Hockey Association
- Cloud Medical Group, PA
- Tech High School
- Wabasso Morgan Redrock ECHO School Systems
- Williams Integracare Clinic
If you’d like more information on ImPACT® Testing, click the link below.More Information on ImPACT Testing